Q: 08 BMW 328i. DSC Malfunction,Brake lights , Car is shaky,airing notice coming from engine, can't go over 45mpb..any idea?

asked by on July 29, 2017

DSC malfunction Hard to start car. Brake light in on Reduce power, can't go over 40m Siring notice from engine

This is typically related to a speed sensor problem. The reduced speed is due to the engine control module putting the car into reduced power mode as a result of the intermittent signal from the speed sensor. The check engine light indicates that there is likely something wrong with the engine or transmission in your vehicle and will usually come on in conjunction with the vehicle going into the reduced power mode. This happens when the vehicle computer detects something wrong with the engine or transmission that may potentially cause further damage or present a safety issue. It is important to have this diagnosed as soon as possible as it could range from something minor to something more serious. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr