Q: What is the name of the wire that runs from the alternator to the solenoid?

I have a 1999 Ford Expedition 5.4l 2wd. The wire that runs from the solenoid to the starter broke off and I can't find it at any auto parts stores. They said it has to come from Ford, but I can't figure out what it is called! I have tried everything from alternator wire to wire harness. I have pics of the wire.

A: You are asking to name a wire from the alte...

You are asking to name a wire from the alternator to the starter and relay to starter. The wire from the solenoid to the starter is called the main positive starter cable. The wire from the relay to the alternator is the main charging wire. When you go to the dealer you will identify the wire and they will need a wire base part number that only a dealer wire coding manual will have. You would need to go to the service department and they would have to look it up for you if the parts department cannot identify it.