Q: Where do I find the engine number in a 2012 Nissan Altima?

Where do I find the engine number?

The engine number is similar to the vehicle identification number on your car, but serves to identify the engine, where it was built, and when. You won’t need it for basic car-related paperwork, but you may need it in some instances (such as having an engine replaced, or warranty work on the engine).

Depending on the type of engine you have, you’ll find the engine number in one of two

places. However, both are in the general area of the driver side of the engine, below the valve cover gasket (the actual mounting location for the engine number plate varies only a little).