Q: Replaced Steering Coupler/ EPS error

I started my DIY steering coupler project friday and I’m still getting the same result EPS error. In addition to also wanting to save money and avoid the shop I did it myself. I was having MAJOR clicking and clunking noises from my steering wheel and it was very noticable when going over bumps, hitting potholes and when driving over 60mph on the highway. I drive for Lyft and after doing my 7th ride I was fed up and embarrassed with the noise, which I’ve managed to avoid. My replacement was successful only except after putting back together everything and starting the car I found that my steering wheel was tight and my EPS light was on. I took it to the dealer and got ripped off for $57 for them to tell me nothing other than a cord was unplugged. I discovered where the plug went and reconnected it but the problem remained. I have taken the steering column down twice now and checked to make sure the coupler was snug and tight and aligned properly. I not sure what to do and I’m poor :-(

If the EPS light is always on, it means the vehicle’s computer is reporting a fault in the electronic power steering system. A mechanic can download the trouble codes from the computer that have caused the alert, and then follow up on the codes with an actual system diagnostic to pinpoint, and thence resolve, the fault. Faults in electronic power steering systems can vary a lot: you could have a wiring fault, excess current draw, a problem with the controller, and so forth. The downloadable codes will narrow the diagnostic though. To get this resolved, just request a warning light diagnostic - EPS system and the responding certified mechanic will come right to your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Replaced Steering Coupler/ EPS error