Q: strange problem

i have nissan largo 2wd 2.0 diesel auto. Car speedo stops working when it comes 65-70mph and dropped stright 0mph. Loosing power around 1 min and after than power back but speedo stop working until i reduce my speed under 30mph. I put diagnostic machine nothing came out. I done gearbox ecu check with power light 1 long 10 short flashes i got it until getting bored(didnt know how long it takes) I put another speedo instrument even swapped the clock still same problem. I disconnected to speed limiter even when it was plugged car was loosing lots of power like dragging to car 70 to 50mph Feels like gear chaning time is wrong time or not seeing top gear until speedo stop to working. P.s. speedometer reads -5 to -10less than satnav and phone app Any idea??

A: Hello. The symptoms you are experiencing ca...

Hello. The symptoms you are experiencing can be caused by a wide variety of issues. If the symptoms appear to come and go then it may be possible that the symptoms are electrical in nature. A few things I would look at re the vehicle’s speed sensors, and the speedometer sensor, if there is one. These sensors read the vehicle’s speed, which has a direct effect on the vehicle’s performance, shifting characteristics and the speedometer readout. If there is an issue with any of these components the vehicle may experience hesitation, power loss, irregular idle, issues shifting, and a loss in overall performance.

I would also carefully check the wiring and connectors associated with those sensors, as intermittent issues can commonly be caused by faulty wiring, or connection issues. I would also check the vehicle’s transmission fluid, to make sure that it is not low, as this can sometimes also cause issues shifting. As these sorts of issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose and repair your hesitation and shifting issues.