Q: Changed my brake pads, now there is a grinding noise and the brake is spongy

There is a grinding scraping noise and the breaks are spongy

Q: Sporadic ticking sound from the front of the car

Hi and thanks for your question. It sounds like there could be a problem with a loose fan shroud or a loose body part to the vehicle. If the noise only occurs when driving straight and sometimes with braking, then...

Q: Check Engine Light with P0174 code

As you know, this code relates to a lean fuel condition which can be caused by many different things, some of which you have already addressed. The oxygen sensors, which are part of your emissions system, read exhaust gases to...

Q: Brakes issue

The squealing might be due to the brake bad wear indicators contacting the rotors. That noise alerts you to the need to install new brake pads. Regarding the cost, there are a few variables affecting the cost. If you are...