Q: How long does it take to replace an EGR tube on my 2004 Navigator?

I had my check engine light checked yesterday and the guy told me it was a clogged, loose or unplugged EGR tube. If the tube needs replacing how long does a job like that take? Thank you.

In order to replace the EGR tube it can be replaced in less than an hour. The tube may not be the only issue though and the intake manifold EGR ports may be clogged and need the intake manifold to be removed and the ports in the engine cylinders to be cleaned out. This will take a lot more time and may take several hours to just clean out the intake and ports. I would recommend having EGR valve removed to see if the ports into the intake are clogged and then go from there.