Q: Advice on buying a Rav4

I'm considering buying a '98, '99, '04 or '05 Rav 4 . What's your opinion on the car?

Out of those options, I’d say buy the ’04 RAV4. The earlier ones had some problems with the oxygen sensors and catalytic converters. The ’04’s really didn’t. I’d say get yourself an ’04. They are really well made. If you can get a standard transmission that would be awesome, but they are pretty hard to find. They are kind of a rare breed. Regardless of which one you go with, I recommend getting a pre-purchase inspection to make sure that you know of any potential problems with the car.

3. Advice on buying a Rav4