Q: Driver side power seat seams to only want to move back on one side creating a pivoting motion

The power driver seat on the drivers side won't pivots instead of moving back. It almost acts as if on side of the track is jammed up not allowing the seat to go back.

This issue is common enough that YourMechanic has devoted a diagnostic and service page to this problem of faults in power seats. Indeed, if you simply request a power seat diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will promptly resolve this for you. Typically, foreign matter blocking the track is first considered. If there is no obvious external mechanical cause, the seat track and motor are evaluated to determine why there is faulty alignment. YourMechanic has performed literally hundreds of power seat repairs so if you request a power seat diagnostic this will get resolved. Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns. Look forward to helping you out!

3. Driver side power seat seams to only want to move back on one side creating a pivoting motion