I've had my purge valve solenoid and charcoal cannister r...

I've had my purge valve solenoid and charcoal cannister replaced on my 2000 lexus gs 300 and the car still shuts off. I also replaced the gas cap with a gas cap from the lexus dealer. What else can be the problem. My mechanic said...

I've had my purge valve solenoid and charcoal cannister replaced on my 2000 lexus gs 300 and the car still shuts off. I also replaced the gas cap with a gas cap from the lexus dealer. What else can be the problem. My mechanic said he wont know what the issue is without the check engine light on. Mechanic's Assistant: I don't remember all the details now but it was places to check for a loose connection. I found it and that fixed the problem. Does the light stay on, or does it blink? What lights are you talking about Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GS 300 yourself? What have you tried so far? No my mechanic has replaced the purge valve and the charcoal cannister

Automotive Expert
\*\*\*IMPORTANT PLEASE READ\*\*\* THE PHONE CALL REQUEST IS AUTOMATED FROM THE SITE. NOT FROM ME. Please make sure you've listed the Year, Make, Model, Drivetrain and Engine information for your vehicle if you haven't already. Thank You for contacting JustAnswer! Hello I'm Bart. I am an ASE certified Master Technician with over 20 years experience in the Automotive Industry. I'm usually logged in 9-5 Mon-Fri Mountain Time Zone. I take lunch from 12-1p I know it can be frustrating having vehicle problems. I'll do my best to help you. Please understand that I don't know what your skill level is, what tools you have available and I can not physically see what you are doing. If it is more helpful the site automatically offers a premium phone call service where you can talk to me directly or another Expert may call you if you request it. You may accept or decline, but please understand that I may not be able to call right away as I may be helping another customer or researching information related to the problem you are having. If this is an electrical issue please a have voltmeter and 12 volt test lamp ready to use. I would also ask that you tell me what parts you have tried replacing to fix the problem. Doing so will help diagnose the issue faster. If there are any trouble codes please provide them. I'm reading the information you provided to the Mechanic's Assistant. I may request more information or provide an answer momentarily. Just a moment.
Automotive Expert
This is most likely a bad Idle air control valve.
Automotive Expert
Here's an image of the part.

Thank you. Will mention this to my mechanic
Automotive Expert
You're very welcome.