Q: Q: Abs brakes locked up

I floored the brakes in my challenger to try to stop and after the fact the brakes completely locked up and will not release

Hello. Typically ABS braking systems do not lock up unless there is a preexisting issue going on. The most common cause is a lack of brake fluid in the system. If you are losing brake fluid then you need to find out why. You need to look for a leak, an open bleeder valve, or damage to the master cylinder. Fixing this issue will revolve around repairing the damage that caused the lock up, and any damages that occurred during the hard stop. Often the master cylinder and it’s pistons will need to be replaced. Inspect the amount of damage and make appropriate repairs. The brakes should come unlocked in the process.

3. Q: Abs brakes locked up