Q: More power

asked by on September 13, 2016

Hi i have the ford ranger 2006 2.5 td xlt double cab. What can i do for more power? I dont have a obd2 computer plug so i can not chip it for more performance.

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2005 Ford Ranger. This is not an engine size or type used in our American version of the truck and I can only recommend having the intake system opened up with a larger air filter housing and a cooler for the intake air. The other option is to get a larger exhaust system to lower back pressure. You may want to check online for a performance chip that can be inserted into the engine computer to increase performance.