Q: Car misfires when the weather is cold and while idling

My car has around 90,000 miles. I don't drive it that much. Also, it sat for about half a year. Now that I drive it, it's been misfiring. It occurs when the car is idling and when the weather is bad. The dashboard shows the check engine light on. I had the ignition coil replaced. Last year, I had the spark plugs changed too. There are no problems when the car reaches higher speeds though. What could be the problem?

A: Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 200...

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2000 Lexus SC400. It may be necessary to replace all of the ignition coils in addition to having the ignition coil wiring inspected for damage in order to determine why your engine is misfiring. It is also possible that you have a problem with the fuel injectors. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle to determine why your Check Engine Light is on in order to pinpoint that problem that you are experiencing and make the appropriate repairs.