Q: Auto Nissan Vanette 2006 consumes 2liters fuel per 1 kilometer and cannot chang gears when on a small hill whats the problem

asked by on October 13, 2016

My auto Nissan Vanette 2006 consumes more fuel 2lit per 1 kilometer and cannot change gears when on a small hill whats the problem

Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement $111.64 - $903.72 Get a Quote
Car is getting worse gas mileage Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Excessive fuel consumption is more than likely a fuel pressure regulator problem. If the engine is lugging or holding back due to the excessive fuel consumption, that could cause transmission shifting issues. The Check Engine light should be coming on to direct you towards any underlying problems. If you would like to have this scoped out, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the mileage issue.