Q: im having trouble starting my car

Started my car after work, it had a ticking sound. I tried to just make it home so I could look under the hood, as soon as I pulled in the car died. I did notice the gas light was on so I thought I ran out of gas. I got gas in it and oil as well but the car still won't start. I pumped the gas peddle quiet a bit so it might be flooded. Anybody have any suggestions?

A: If you feel like the vehicle is flooded, tr...

If you feel like the vehicle is flooded, try smelling the tailpipe for gas fumes after trying to start the vehicle. You can also try putting the vehicle in "clear flood mode", or "clear out mode" by holding the gas pedal all the way down before you turn the key, and hold it while cranking the vehicle. If it starts, it was just flooded.

If you still are having problems getting it started, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to determine why your car starts and then dies.