Q: Q: No acceleration when I press the gas

I have a 2004 ford ranger 3.0 that does not accelerate when I press the gas. It idles fine and revs when I press the gas but when I drive on the highway I cannot go passed 45. It also rattles when I try accelerating. The RPMs does not go up either when I press the gas. I have put a new fuel filter in because I had one but no change. Could it be my cat converter or sensors?

Hi there. Typically when you have acceleration problem as you are describing it can range from fuel, ignition or transmission problems. If the fuel system is clogged with excessive debris or carbon deposits, it will create acceleration problems, as will an engine misfire. One thing that is often not considered is the torque converter being worn out or transmission fluid that is obstructed. This can also impact acceleration problems. In order to correctly diagnose this problem, you’ll want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is slow to acceleration inspection.

3. Q: No acceleration when I press the gas