Q: Transmission making weird sounds and car doesn't move when in gear.

Car will not move when put into forward or reverse gear. In addition, car makes loud metallic type sound when shifting into gear.

I would not want to condemn your transmission without having a mechanic first going through some preliminary checks of the noises from the transmission. First, I would verify your complaint. Then I would sample the fluid for proper level and check for metal in the fluid. If the fluid has metal then I would suggest you take it in to get the transmission rebuilt. If fluid was clean then I would scan the computer for codes to a possible problem with a sensor or solenoid for the engine or transmission. If everything checks out then I would recommend you take your Corolla to a transmission shop that has certified transmission technicians who can diagnose internal transmission failure.

3. Transmission making weird sounds and car doesn't move when in gear.