Q: The car idles up and down. Replaced throttle body temperature sensor, mass airflow sensor, and oxygen sensor.

Idles up and down replaced throttle body temp sencord mass air sencor oxygen sensor

A: Hello. If you have taken all those steps an...

Hello. If you have taken all those steps and the idle is still not at the correct speed, then the next thing I would look at is the idle air control valve. The idle air control valve is the component that is responsible for setting and adjusting idle air. If it malfunctions, gets dirty, or has an issue, then it may cause a low or high idle, a fluctuating idle, or in some cases even stalling. If you would like to have this done, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the idling problem and assist with repairs.