Q: Car won’t start

I have a 95 Cadillac. Car won’t start or turnover. When I try to start the car it just clicks and the lights flash with every click then when I turn the key off the throttle body starts clicking. Brand new battery installed and starter. Any thoughts?

Hi Tyler. Thanks for sending the question tonight. If you’ve just replaced a battery (like in the last 24 hours) then I would suggest checking the battery cables for corrosion or check your ignition relay. If the battery was replaced more than 24 hours ago, but within the past month or two, then it’s likely that your alternator or other charging system component is damaged, which will drain the battery quickly. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can correctly diagnose this issue and ensure the right repairs are made.

3. Car won’t start