Q: When power steering pump cap is removed should there be a slight presure release

Changed power steering pump and steering gear on 2002 avalanche, completely bled system. Has pressure release when pump cap is removed after operation. Is this normal?

You should have the power steering reservoir cap checked to make sure the vent on cap is not blocked. Also make sure the system is bled of excessive air in the system. Once these two things are checked then you should not have any pressure build up in the reservoir. If the cap vent is clogged it will build up pressure.

3. When power steering pump cap is removed should there be a slight presure release