Q: Where is the starter located in a 2012 kia forte

asked by on August 06, 2017

Can't find starter

The starter is under the intake manifold on side of the engine near transmission.

Headlights not turning on

The headlights on these vehicles are controlled by the lighting control module on the left side of the dash. This module is controlled by the light switch which tells it to turn on or off. The control switch will need...

not cranking over 1997 Jeep TJ

There are a couple possibilities. First, check and see if you're getting the constant power supply at the starter motor and if you're getting switched power at the starter solenoid that only shows up with the key in the crank...

How do I set a prompt or a ringtone for the HandsFreeLink?

Your HandsFreeLink® (HFL) system alerts you to an incoming call with a sound. You can decide whether you want an actual ringtone (the default), or a prompt. To change from one to the other, just follow these steps: Press...

Caliber turns over but won't start?

Hi there. Assuming, you have reinstalled the original PCM (powertrain control module) and still won't start, circuit tests for the crankshaft position sensor need to be performed. A poor connection or broken wire could be the cause for the no...

Temperature gauge goes to high when car is stopped

To begin, this isn't something an inspection would reveal unless the mechanic was specifically looking for it. Firstly, how high does the temperature gauge rise when you come to a stop? It is normal for this to occur, especially in...

Car having problems starting.

These cars are known for having faulty crankshaft position sensors. This sensor can cause an extended cranking condition, which eventually turns into a vehicle that won't start. Checking for diagnostic codes stored in your power train control module (PCM) would...

How do I play and pause a CD?

When a CD is playing, you can pause it by pressing the play/pause button on the infotainment system. Press this button a second time to resume playing.

How do I add a new phone number to the hands-free system?

In order to use the hands-free system in your car to the fullest, you’ll want to add phone numbers so you don’t have to dial them manually. You can do this in two ways – by importing a phonebook from...

How do you open the trunk?

Your car’s trunk offers the single largest amount of storage space anywhere in the vehicle. It’s important that you’re able to access it easily, as well. While you can certainly use the key to unlock and open it, there’s an...