Q: Serpentine belt keeps shredding.

Serpentine belt began to shred earlier this evening. Got it home, replaced the belt and drove less than mile and the belt shredded again.

The belt will get cut or shredded by pulley alignment or seized pulley bearings. The alignment of the pulleys should be checked. The tensioner pulley is the most common one to be out of alignment or the bearing to seize first. Have all pulleys bearings checked and replaced as needed and any misaligned pulleys fixed as needed.

I’d suggest getting this looked at by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can perform checks on these components. They will be able to pinpoint the issue and ensure a proper replacement of the serpentine belt.