Q: I have a Volkswagen Jetta 02 and it starts up but when in gear it won't move when I press the gas pedal what do you think is wrong

asked by on November 04, 2017

I have a Volkswagen Jetta 02 and it starts up but when in gear it won't move when I press the gas pedal what do you think is wrong

Hi Monticello. Thanks for contacting us tonight. In most cases, this issue is caused by a damaged shift solenoid or perhaps an obstruction of debris inside the transmission hydraulic lines. It could also be caused by damaged inside the transmission or the torque converter. It’s probably best to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to isolate the source of this problem, so the right repairs can be made.