Q: Engine stalls after a few minutes.

Engine stalls after running for a few minutes and the Check Engine light comes on. It won't restart until it has sat for a minute or two. It will run for a little while before stalling again.

A: It is normal operation for the Check Engine...

It is normal operation for the Check Engine Light to turn on when the key is in the engine run position and the engine is not running. As soon as the engine is started it should go out within 2-3 seconds. If it stays on after that, it's signaling that there are diagnostic code(s) present. If the engine runs well when it's cold, but after it runs enough to go into closed loop (computer takes control of fuel management instead of running on preset instructions) this would indicate a problem with a sensor or mechanical failure on this car I would suspect weak fuel pump or a failing coil.