Q: 97 cavalier flooded with fuel due to a fuel injector missing a o-ring. No start no crank

asked by on October 05, 2017

The problem started after replacing a bad injector that had a faulty o-ring. After instilling the new injector I tried to start the car and the engined turned over but seconds after it mad an odd sound then began making a single clicking noise. I then noticed that it was a great amount of fuel coming from the newly replaced injector.removed it and seen that the o-ring was missing now the engine I flooded with access fuel. Removed cylinder housing on top and the 1st one on the passenger side of vehicle was filled with fuel. Made an attempt to pump as much as I could out but isn't sure if it worked due it being filled nearly to the top on the cylinder. Also replaced starter and battery .

If you have already found the reason for the fuel flooding the cylinder then you will need to remove spark plugs and disable ignition and turn over motor to get out excess fuel. Then you will need to replace the oil and filter since gas will get in oil and will cause problems. Once you do this it should then start and run. If it floods again then check the injector connector to see if computer is pulsing injector signal or just keeping injector on all the time indicating a computer or wiring issue.