Q: 1998 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2L Replace intake air temp sensor but still get code PO113. What's going on?

asked by on April 03, 2017

Had code PO113. Replaced air intake sensor but still get the code and engine lite stays on. Is there something else going on?

Hi There, Generally, this code is related to the sensor itself failing or in many cases failed connections or an internal wiring short, which results in this code being triggered even when the sensor is functioning properly. Since you have replaced the sensor, this would indicate that the wiring is likely the problem rather than the sensor. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to perform an inspection of the wiring and harness to be sure that there are no additional faults causing this.