Q: Car won't start after power steering pump replacement

asked by on June 13, 2016

I recently had the power steering pump replaced on my car. After that, the car wouldn't crank or start anymore. Everything inside works but there is no statup. What should I do? Thanks.

I would recommend taking your vehicle back to the place that installed your power steering pump to have them verify their repairs. If the vehicle no longer starts after any repair has been done, it is likely due to something that went wrong during the repair. If anything is out of the ordinary or not as it should be, the fix should almost certainly be under warranty because the service was done recently and they were the last ones to touch the vehicle.

If you want another opinion on this or they are unable to help you, reach out to a certified mechanic who can diagnose your starting problem and fix it accordingly.