Q: Oil change from regular oil to synthetic oil

asked by on December 21, 2016

I have never used synthetic oil in my car, had LOF yesterday, and asked if I wanted synthetic, I specifically said no, and then they used synthetic oil in my car. Do I now have to use synthetic oil and due to the age of my car (2004) will this damage seals. Should I get another oil change and go back to regular oil?

Using the synthetic oil will not harm your motor or seals in any way as long as the oil weight is the same as recommended by manufacturer. You can keep using this oil until next oil change where you can go back to regular oil if you want.