Q: Engine is misfiring and Check Engine Light is on - 2002 Toyota Tacoma

Vehicle engine occasionally starts missing and check engine light starts flashing.It will last for about approximately 5 min. I have had it checked by computer when it is running right and it says misfire on number 3 cylinder. I replaced coil,oxygen sensor,fuel filter,and plug tube set.The vehicle still has the same problem. Changed spark plugs also.

Hello. A flashing Check Engine Light is a sign that the computer has detected an issue that could potentially damage the vehicle’s emissions components. I would recommend scanning the trouble codes when the light is flashing in order to determine if there is a serious issue.

If there is a misfire on cylinder 3, and you have replaced those components, a few other things I would look into are the fuel injector for cylinder 3, the mass airflow sensor, the fuel pressure, and for any possible vacuum leaks.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection to determine why the engine is misfiring and why the Check Engine Light is on.

3. Engine is misfiring and Check Engine Light is on - 2002 Toyota Tacoma