Q: Truck will not start, but lights still work - 1979 Ford F-100

My truck has a very basic engine and the problem is that I can not get it to start. The dashboard lights are working and so are the headlights, etc. I purchased a new battery six months ago and installed it, so the battery should not be the problem. The battery cables have been cleaned, but that did not help the problem either. There is a very loud click, click, click when I put the key in the ignition and turn it. What do you think is causing my truck not to start?

Considering the loud clicking, have the battery tested and charged just to be sure. A loud clicking from the engine bay is a symptom of a failed or weak starter, low charge on the battery or a grounding problem in the starter circuit. If the battery has a low charge, have the charging system and alternator fuses checked. If you need help with this, a qualified professional, like one from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the no-start and proceed with proper repairs.

3. Truck will not start, but lights still work - 1979 Ford F-100