Q: My car won't shift past 30mph while driving and it revs up.

After I bought it i got the oil filter changed and a new starter and a new battery. Also, I had to get the starter replaced too. One day it started slipping , kinda jerking, and hesitating to shift. I got it looked at they said it needed transmission oil. I got some and it improved and was driving like brand new again. Then it started again, haven't been able to drive it cause it won't shift at all and won't drive and accelerate past 30mph or less. Now the battery won't keep a charge and it's new. I am thinking an electrical error or an alternator problem. I don't really know where to start or what it really needs.

A: Hi there. It looks like you've got mult...

Hi there. It looks like you've got multiple problems with your 95 Ford Taurus. The transmission issue may be due to a clogged hydraulic line, which is why most certified mechanics will recommend a transmission flush as opposed to just adding oil when there is a shifting issue. The issue with the battery is most likely due to the alternator or could be electrical due to a bad connection. The problem with many older cars is that sometimes age and parts fatigue will show up quickly, even with just 70,000 miles on the vehicle.

My suggestion to you is to contact a local ASE certified mechanic who can give your car a complete safety inspection to let you know what needs to be fixed before you spend any more money chasing problems.