Q: Check Engine Light is on - 2008 Dodge Avenger

asked by on October 26, 2016

intake manifold position sensor light is on

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello.

From what you describe it would appear that your Check Engine Light is on for the intake manifold position sensor. Your vehicle is equipped with an intake manifold that uses butterfly valves inside the manifold ports in order to maximize power and performance. If the computer detects an issue with the position of these valves it will set off the Check Engine Light to notify the driver of the issue. This can be caused by a stuck intake manifold butterfly valves, perhaps due to carbon buildup, a failed butterfly valve actuator / motor, or a faulty position sensor. Some of these components are mounted on the intake manifold, and some built into it, and thus may require partial disassembly of the engine to access. I would start by checking the intake manifold runner valve, as this is the main component that controls that system. If you find you are needing further assistance with this, a professional mechanic from YourMechanic would be pleased to help you with an Check Engine Light inspection, and repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr