Q: Clicking noise as I accelerate. Has an oil change yesterday

asked by on February 23, 2017

I had an oil change yesterday, before I got it changed the clicking noise was light but after I got it changed the clicking got worse

Hello. Being that you just got your oil change you will want to check with the shop to ensure that the right weight of oil was used in your vehicle. If the wrong weight of oil was used it could be too thin and not provide enough protection for your engine components which may allow them to become abrasive and cause noises such as clicking. A clicking sound can also come from a rotating suspension components such as a wheel bearing or CV axle. But being you just had the oil change done and the sound suddenly worsened I suggest to ensure that the right oil was used and it was filled to the proper level before investigating things such as suspension.