Q: Are fuel injector banks and catalyst converters considered different issues and warranties?

I recently had a check engine light come on and took my car into the shop for repair at a chevy dealership. They diagnosed a fuel injector bank issue and charged over $1,000.00 parts and labor for repair. The same check engine light came on a couple of months later, and this time they diagnosed a catalyst converter problem and want to charge another $1,000 in parts and labor, claiming it is a different issue, not covered under the warranty for the other part replaced. Can you confirm if this is accurate?

Question sent to CS for warranty information regarding fuel injectors and catalytic converters for a Chevrolet 2010 V6-3.6L.

3. Are fuel injector banks and catalyst converters considered different issues and warranties?