Q: Car makes noise when taking off fast

Hello. In the last few months, my car has been making a sort of "crump" sound. The car has over 200,000 miles. The "crump" can be heard during taking off if I increase the speed quickly. During slow taking off, it runs fine. But, if I give it some more gas, there is the "crump". This sound cannot be heard when going in reverse. What could be causing this? Thank you.

A: You may need to have the engine mounts insp...

You may need to have the engine mounts inspected to see if one is broken. This would be why you hear it in drive and not reverse; the engine may be moving and causing the noise.

Have the noise checked by a mechanic to confirm whether this is the case. Sometimes an oil leak onto the mount can cause the mount to come apart.