Q: Check engine light not working.

check engine light will not turn on at all. not when vehicle is turned on or anything. how do i ccheck if the light works at all or if it is a bad cluster or bad pcm?

If the check engine light is not coming on, then that is a good sign. If your dashboard before displayed the check engine light before and now it is not coming on, then the dashboard warning light could have burned out. If the dashboard light is good, then the ECM could be defective causing the light to not come on. Try removing a sensor harness and see if the light comes on. If it does, then the system is working. If it does not, then check the computer for codes for the sensor you unplugged. If there is a code, and the MIL indicator says ON, then the light is burned out. If you need further assistance with your check engine light not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Check engine light not working.