Q: My 2002 Nissan Xterra will not start.

My 2002 Nissan Xterra will not start just hear a clicking noise when you do. I replaced the starter, and the batteries fine. Don't know what else to do.

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the starter is clicking, then it is receiving power and does not have the ability to use it or does not have enough power. Check or replace the starter relay if you have not looked into it already. You will also want to check into the condition of the wiring at this point. Make sure the battery cables are clean, dry, and tight. If there is a build up of corrosion you will want to make sure it is cleaned. If you have a multi-meter, you will want to test for available voltage at the starter, and for resistance over the wires. Between these two tests, you should be able to find where the loss of power if coming from, or if the starter has what it needs and it is not working. It is not terribly uncommon for new or refurbished starters to be dead on arrival. Do not assume this at first however. Only further testing will tell. For more help with diagnosing the starting issue, contact our service department.

3. My 2002 Nissan Xterra will not start.