Q: my volvo s70 check engine light and abs light are on

asked by on December 22, 2017

just purchase a older model volvo s70. the enginelight is on and now the abs light is on. how do i go about fixing this.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The fact that the check engine light is on, as well as the ABS warning light, means that diagnostic trouble code(s) have been registered and stored in the engine computer. Although the vehicle may be functioning normally now, you may have an incipient failure which, depending on what the stored codes reveal, might be addressable now before an actual failure occurs. An option for you is to request a check engine light diagnostic during which a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM (that is, the specific codes that caused the light to illuminate) and then test the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) to pinpoint the reason why the check engine light illuminated. If a faulty part or component is identified during such a diagnostic, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you and all on a mobile basis right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.