Q: Takes several tries to start car

I have to turn the key for a few seconds before the car starts. Most of the time, I have to try a couple times by taking the key out and trying again. When it's colder, it takes longer to start. Also, the Check Engine light is on.

A: The check engine light code may shine a lit...

The check engine light code may shine a little light on the concern. It almost sounds like you may have an issue with air metering or fuel delivery. A cold/malfunctioning idle air control valve can put air flow. A leaking fuel injector can cause too rich of an air/fuel mixture where the ignition system cannot properly ignite the cylinder. You can schedule a trained technician, like the ones we have here at YourMechanic, to inspect and repair your ignition problem.