Q: Battery dead after a few days

My car has been running great with no major problems. The dashboard isn't showing any lights on. However, the battery keeps getting drained. It works only for a couple of days and becomes completely empty. What could cause this and how can I prevent it from dying out so quickly?

A: Thanks for writing in about your Mercedes B...

Thanks for writing in about your Mercedes Benz CLK430. This is a common problem as vehicles get older. This type of fault is called a parasitic draw and occurs when one or more component does not shut off when the car turns off thus draining the battery overnight. The most common parts that cause this would be interior lights, seat switches, wiring faults, radio, or a window switch. I would have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, check your electrical components to diagnose and repair your battery charge issue.