Q: Check engine light comes after a long trip. OBD II scanner gives the code P0015. What would be the cause?

P0015 codes comes and usually goes after a long trip and then again comes when driving in high traffic area, changed vvt sensor but no progress to the issue, machenic says that it would resolve by changing the cam shaft .. what should i do ?? Engine Oil was changed 5 months back butt until now only 2500km driven on that oil .

Hi there. The code P0015 is stored for the camshaft position sensor has recorded that the timing is excessive retard. The sensor could have failed due to oil deposits leaking onto the sensor, the variable valve timing sensor has failed, or the timing belt has jumped a tooth causing the timing to be off. If the engine is running fine but has the code P0015, the I recommend replacing the camshaft position sensor. If the engine is running rough or has a loss of power, then I recommend checking the timing on the timing belt and make sure that it has not jumped. If the timing jumped, I recommend replacing the timing belt and the tensioner. If you need further assistance with the engine light coming on after long trips, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Check engine light comes after a long trip. OBD II scanner gives the code P0015. What would be the cause?