Q: 2008 ford ranger wont crank

starter motor would run but not catch fly wheel, replace starter and now I am getting nothing when I turn the key to start vehicle. I get everything else except a starting vehicle

Hello, thank you for writing in. When dealing with an issue with the starting system, you want start by making sure the battery is in good condition. Make sure its cables are clean, dry, and tight as well. You can also test the voltage drop across the battery when the vehicle is started. If the voltage drops below 10 volts, there is an electrical problem that is starving the starter of power. The starter itself is also a component that can draw excess power and not utilize it due to electrical or mechanical faults. All of the starting components will need to be tested if the battery and starter test to be okay. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.