Q: My Honda Odyssey 2006 has the battery light on while running. I believe there is a slight smell as well.

asked by on July 04, 2017

Battery light is on while engine is running. There's a chemical smell.

Battery Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The battery light is telling you that there is a malfunction in the charging system. The smell might be fluid leak, or if there is an electrical problem you might be smelling burning insulation. When the charging system is not working, you are running on battery power. The car requires a certain amount of electricity to operate the engine management system, and as long as the battery holds up, it could continue to run. Most cars can run for a few hours without a charging system. So get the car to a safe location, and contact Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Charging system and let you know what is the problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr