Q: while in park it acts like its in gear what could cause this

While in park it acts like its still in gear wanting to take off, when in drive it acts like the motor wont rev up rpms wont go over a 1000 and it will only pick up speed to about 20 mph

Hey there. Most likely the shift linkage or cable is worn, which is causing the gear selected to not match what the transmission is in. I recommend having the shift linkage checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic.com to see if the bushings are worn in order to fix your shifting issue.