Q: Fuel door release doesn't work

The fuel door release is not working.

Hi. There are a few things that I would recommend to determine why the fuel door release isn’t working. The fuel door fuse, the fuel door solenoid, and fuel door switch. Most of the time, the fuel door fuse and the trunk opening fuse are one. So if the trunk does not open by switch, it is a great indicator of the fuse being faulty. Part of the solenoid will be visible as the black little latch behind the fuel door. They often become dirty which hinders the operation of the fuel door release. Usually, a good soaking with penetrating oil will clean the latch enough where it will automatically open again. A technician, such as one form YourMechanic, will be able inspect the electrical components to see what is keeping the door from opening automatically.

Luckily the dealer did add another way to open the fuel door if the automatic opener fails. Located in the trunk there will be a little handle on the the same side as the fuel door that if pulled should unlock the fuel door. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the fuel door issue and replace any failing parts

3. Fuel door release doesn't work