Q: How does four-wheel drive lock mode work?

How does four-wheel drive lock mode work?

While your car will automatically turn on four-wheel drive when it senses slipping (if it’s equipped), you can also turn it on manually and lock it. This is helpful for situations where you need ongoing assistance to get out of a sticky situation – you’re stuck in mud, for example. Here’s what you need to know about it:

• The ignition needs to be on.
  1. Press the lock button on the dash to the left of the audio system.

2. Watch for the Lock light to turn on in the dash.

3. Press the lock button again to turn it back to automatic mode when you’re done.

Tips

• Four-wheel drive lock mode will be turned off if you drive faster than 25 MPH.

• Four-wheel drive lock mode will be turned off if you press the brakes (to ensure that ABS and the stability control system work right).

3. How does four-wheel drive lock mode work?