Q: Hello i have a 325i bmw 2002 it is overheating i had a milky substance in my oil i recently put blue devil head gasket repair

Hello i was wondering I had milky color substance in my oil a mechanic told me to use blue devil head gasket repair and to flush the oil I did that but car is still overheating and still has a little of the oil looking milky what is going on I changed the thermostat and lower coolant hoses and overflow tank what else can be the problem

Hi Deshawnda. Thanks for contacting us today. Although some "mechanics" recommend using a liquid head gasket sealer, the truth is that 80% of the time - it doesn’t completely do the job - or it causes additional problems. These sealers are designed to fill the gaps from a blown head gasket, but can also cause restrictions in the radiator, oil galleys or other mechanical components. If you still have milky oil, then it’s more than likely that the head gasket leak still exists. Adding more will not likely help this issue. You’ll need to either have the head gasket repaired or part ways with the vehicle, as it’s likely that the cost of repair will exceed the current value of your BMW.

3. Hello i have a 325i bmw 2002 it is overheating i had a milky substance in my oil i recently put blue devil head gasket repair