Q: Transmission fluid coming up into water overflow

asked by on June 24, 2016

My car’s transmission fluid is coming up in the water overflow. I installed a new radiator, but the fluid is still getting into the water overflow. My car will drive for a while, but when it gets hot, it won’t go into gear. What should I do?

Transmission fluid is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The transmission cooler tank may be leaking, causing water to get into the overflow. It is possible that the radiator you just replaced as a leak may need to be replaced again. If the transmission fluid is low, this could prevent the transmission from shifting gears. If this is the case, you may need a new transmission. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and properly inspect your transmission fluid leaks and make any needed repairs.