Q: Transmission fluid coming up into water overflow

My car’s transmission fluid is coming up in the water overflow. I installed a new radiator, but the fluid is still getting into the water overflow. My car will drive for a while, but when it gets hot, it won’t go into gear. What should I do?

A: Hello. The transmission cooler tank may be ...

Hello. The transmission cooler tank may be leaking, causing water to get into the overflow. It is possible that the radiator you just replaced as a leak may need to be replaced again. If the transmission fluid is low, this could prevent the transmission from shifting gears. If this is the case, you may need a new transmission. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and properly inspect your transmission fluid leaks and make any needed repairs.