Q: Truck starts then immediately dies

Truck will occasionally start then immediately die. Have changed both fuel filters, low pressure lift pump and ignition switch. Has complete EGR delete and straight pipe exhaust

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. Most of the t...

Hello, thanks for writing in. Most of the time this is caused by a fuel system issue. I would usually start by installing a scan tool to see if there are any codes in the computer pertaining to this problem. If there are not then I monitor the sensor readings and the fuel pressure. Most of the time this is caused by a problem with the high pressure system. I have seen a lot of issues with the high pressure pump not receiving fuel. This is usually from build up in the tank or possibly a restriction in the line. The pump itself may also be faulty so it is important to check the fuel pressure. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.