Check engine light and a weird sound when turning on truc...

Check engine light and a weird sound when turning on truck Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink? Stays on Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2016 dodge durang...

Check engine light and a weird sound when turning on truck Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink? Stays on Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2016 dodge durango Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far? No, I took it to the dealership. 1st issue was check engine light with a message that start/stop system was unavailable. Dealership said it was my [fuel injectors](/topics-fuel-injector-dodge/). They supposedly fixed the issue, went to pick it up and light was still on, truck was shaking and it smelled like gas a lot. Took it back, fuel injector cracked, "fixed it", picked it up last night and engine light still on and now there is like a one time crack sound when I turn my truck on and the antifreeze compartment is still very warm after 3 hours of only driving it for about 15 min in 45 degree weather

Automotive Expert
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! You can ask unlimited questions to any of the 12,000 Experts! From doctors, lawyers, tech support, contractors, tutors, auto and boat mechanics, appliance technicians, veterinarians, accountants, appraisers, psychologists, engineers, heavy machinery masters, dream interpreters, and more, we've got you covered, 24/7. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be able to assist you. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Thank you for taking the time to let us help you out with this problem and hopefully we can sort it out quickly. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. The check engine light will come on when the computer sees a problem that affects the performance of the engine or transmission. There are many problems that can fail that will trigger this. It could be a faulty sensor, wiring issue, module fault, engine malfunction, etc. To see what specifically is causing the light to come on the vehicle will need to be tested with a scan tool that connects to the vehicle. This test will provide a trouble code that describes what specific system is having the problem. If you can have the vehicle scanned and can give me the code, I will be able to tell you specifically what is wrong with it. If you do not have a scan tool then you can bring your vehicle to any auto part store and they will scan it for free and give you the trouble code. I would do this ASAP so that we can determine what the problem is and keep any other problems from happening. My goal is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. If I’m not online at the time, I will respond ASAP when I get back.